Last updates August 22, 2022
1. Admission. The Outside Chronicles registration process does not discriminate by color, race, creed, national origin, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. Some courses or events may have a minimum age for registration.
2. Registration. Registrations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, choose the course or event and pay the tuition in full.
3. Confirmation. Once registration is completed, a registration confirmation email will be sent which will include instructions and any materials for the course or event.
4. Waiting List. If a course or event is already full, you can join the waiting list at no cost. If a space becomes available, a registration invitation will be emailed to the first person on the waiting list who will have 24 hours to register or decline. If that person declines or there is no response or payment within 24 hours, the person will be removed from the waiting list and a registration invitation will be emailed to the next person on the list. If there is a long waiting list, a new course or event date might be added to accommodate the demand and everyone on the waiting list will be emailed about the new opportunity.
5. Cancellations, Refunds & Transfers. Our refund policy takes into account that it is very difficult to fill a space and impossible to recover preparatory course and event costs for last-minute cancellations, no-shows, or withdrawals from ongoing courses and events. Keep this in mind when registering and be sure that you are fit and will be available for a course or event when registering.
- Transfers from one registration date to another are based on availability and can only be accommodated if the new registration cost is the same as the one to be canceled and it is 7 days or more before the start time of the registration to be canceled.
- Cancellations 7 days or more before the course or event start time will receive a full refund minus the 3% payment processing fee.
- Cancellations less than 7 days but more than 48 hours from the start time will receive a 50% refund minus the 3% payment processing fee.
- Cancellations within 48 hours of the start time forfeit a refund.
There are no exceptions for cancellations or withdrawals made due to personal emergencies, medical emergencies, late arrivals, early departures, or for any other reasons.
We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel courses and events due to unforeseen staffing issues, extreme weather emergencies, lack of minimum participants, or for any other reason. Full refunds will be given for cancelations such as these or if you are unable to attend the rescheduled date.
6. Accommodations. Accommodations for disabilities, medical conditions, or for any other reason must be requested 7 days or more before the start time of the course or event. If we cannot accommodate your timely request, and this will prevent you from being able to participate, we will cancel your registration and issue a full refund.
7. Weather. Courses and events are held rain or shine unless otherwise noted. Participants will be notified if an event must be rescheduled due to an extreme weather emergency.
8. Standards of Behavior & Dismissals. Smoking, alcohol, illegal or recreational drugs, and amplified music are prohibited on the premises of courses and events. Being under the influence of alcohol, illegal drugs, and/or recreational drugs is prohibited during courses or events. Unless prior permission is granted or the course or event specifically requires it, pets are not allowed to be present during trips or events. All participants are expected to maintain high moral and behavioral standards.
Participants must adhere to the 7 Principles of Leave No Trace.
We reserve the right to refuse admission or dismiss a participant if we perceive a physical, mental, emotional, behavioral, or medical concern, if the participant engages in any activity that we perceive to be detrimental to the course or event, or if the participant presents a safety risk to themself or others.
There are no refunds for dismissals.