Guided Backpacking Trip to Minister Creek (Sept 24 & 25, 2022)
September 24, 2022
Minister Creek Hiking Trail
Minister Creek, located in the Allegheny National Forest, is a great location for the novice backpackers. You will hike approximately 3.5 miles each day through some rocky terrain and moderate elevation changes. We will visit the Minister Valley overlook and setup camp on the creek.
Here is a sample itinerary of the trip**:
- 10 Essentials
- Backpacking gear list
- Meal and snack selection
- Trip plans and itinerary
- Review concerns (pre-existing health conditions, special needs, allergies)
- Answer questions
- Meet at trailhead (If you are on time, you are late!)
- Distribute group gear
- Check personal gear, supplies, adjust backpacks & make final plans
- Begin hiking
- Learn and discuss basic land navigation, water treatment, and first aid
- Arrive at camp, learn and discuss campsite selection, campsite setup, bear bag hanging, fire starting (if regulations allow)
- Dinner and clean-up
- Additional skills instruction
- Push-ups, sit-ups, and 5k trail run (just kidding!)
- Personal time/lights out
- Breakfast and clean-up
- Campsite breakdown
- Hike out
- Farewells and decide on next adventure
** Trip includes a Licensed, Insured NYS Guide, group camp gear (stoves, water purification, and first aid). Participants are required to bring their own backpacking gear including tents, sleep systems, and food. If you need any gear, please let us know by contacting Mike@outsidechronicles.com.
A refund will be given for a cancellation request more than 48 hours before the scheduled event. No shows or cancellations less than 48 hours of the scheduled event will not be refunded.
A minimum number of participants is required for this trip to run.
The trip is dependent on weather. We will not make you sleep through a thunderstorm if we can avoid it. The rain date is TBD.