Adirondack High Peaks Workshop – March (Rochester)
March 12, 2023
Are you an aspiring Adirondack 46er? Would you like to step up your adventures with a High Peak? Spend the day with an experienced NYS Guide and 46er going over High Peaks preparation, fitness, ADK map and route finding, and how to combine peaks to make the most of your trip from WNY. This class will go over all 46 High Peaks in detail.
Course topics will include
- History of 46 High Peaks
- Rules and regulations in the High Peaks
- Leave No Trace Principles in the High Peaks and alpine zones
- Backcountry safety
- Proper gear for hiking in the backcountry
- Fitness for the High Peaks and “warm-up” hikes
- Trip planning, parking and route selection
- Combining peaks for efficiency
- The 46ers – detailed review of each mountain and range
- How to become a 46er
*** Each participant will receive the latest revision of the ADK High Peaks Adirondack Trail Map (2021, 15th edition, $12 value)
Cancellation Policy: A refund will be given for a cancellation request more than 48 hours before the scheduled event. No shows or cancellations less than 48 hours of the scheduled event will not be refunded.