Trip Planning Workshop (Virtual)
January 3, 2024 @ 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm$20.00
Planning a day hike, a quick overnight backpacking trip, or a multi-day adventure? This workshop will demonstrate the methodology and tools we use to plan successful and safe trips. Students will learn how to use multiple tools to:
- find a location that matches the goals, skills, and abilities of your group
- research rules, regulations, and permits
- plan a route
- evaluate terrain
- evaluate route difficulty ratings
- forecast weather
- create digital maps and select printed maps
- determine appropriate gear
- plan food and water requirements.
Participants will have the opportunity to submit upcoming trips. We will use some as examples during the class.
This class will be recorded, all paid participants will receive access to the recording.
This is an online course offered through Zoom.
A full refund minus the 3% payment processing fee will be given for a cancellation request more than 7 days prior to the scheduled event. A 50% refund minus the 3% payment processing fee will be given for cancellations less than 7 days but more than 48 hours prior the scheduled event. No shows or cancellations less than 48 hours of the scheduled event will not be refunded.